Preséntate en español. ¿Cómo te llamas?
Where are you from?
What are you interested in?
Have you visited any places where many people speak Spanish?
If you could visit any place where many people speak Spanish, inside or outside
the United States, where would you go?
What are the best and worst parts of studying a foreign language?
Find three adjectives in Spanish that describe you. Use wordreference.com.
Find three adjectives in Spanish that describe you. Use wordreference.com.
Despídete en español.
¡Hola! Me llamo Julia Echternach. I am from Denver, Colorado; I have lived in New Mexico for four years now. I am interested in how people’s attitudes towards cultures and languages develop and change and how culture and language play out in education. I have heard plenty of Spanish in the South Valley in Albuquerque, in Denver, and in Los Angeles, and I have visited Mexico before on vacations, but I would like to spend more time in Mexico, especially Mazatlan, Guanajuato, and DF. My favorite part of speaking Spanish has always being able to communicate more effectively with people I wouldn’t be able to speak to in the same way otherwise. Even speaking with a bilingual person in a mix of English and Spanish is very different from only being able to speak to them in English! The most difficult part of learning another language is picking up the slang and the unique sense of humor in a particular community, but it is also one of the most fun parts. Yo soy contemplativa, creativa, y lista. ¡Chao!
ReplyDelete